Thursday, June 12, 2008

Can't Blame Him

I'm extremely busy this week and have many work-related duties outside the home. Since I'm dealing mostly with suppliers, I've been able to take the children with me. I also had to drop off some orders.

One was at a school, so I thought that I'd take the kids so they could see what one looks like. I walked into the administrative offices and had to stifle my gasp. It was beautiful and resembled a doctor's office. My how things have changed! The kids, however, were not impressed. But the school was very impressed with the GIANT graduation banner that they ordered.

Anyway, I didn't think I'd have time to post again until next week (yes, we are that busy--yippee!). However, in perusing the headlines tonight while the kids watched a segment of Adam-12 on DVD, I saw this article. It's about a man who becomes violent when a guy cuts in front of him at the Costco gas line.

OK, I can totally see where Crowbar Guy is coming from. I was just starting to wonder A) Why is the Costco gas station always packed now--regardless of the time of day? and B) Where do all of these people come from and don't any of them have jobs (okay, that's more like B and C, but I thought I'd slip the second part in)?

I haven't been keeping up with the gas prices lately (what's the point, right?), but Costco now must be significantly cheaper than the other stations. My friend told me that we weren't supposed to buy gas on Mondays, but I didn't get that memo, either. Doesn't matter. I think people camp out at Costco until they open the next morning. There are no slow times there now. Gosh, how much can gas be when it's still well over $4 there?

As much as I can empathize with Crowbar Guy's frustration at someone cutting in front of him, I have a teeny weeny confession to make. When we first joined Costco, I was pulling into the station, watching all the long lines, when I noticed an opening in a front pump. No one in that line seemed to be interested in occupying the space, so I was more than happy to do it. I didn't notice if I received any dirty looks that day. Once I realized how the system worked there, I now patiently await my turn--even when the baby is screaming her head off.

Oh, by the way, I drive real slow now, too. Twelve-seater vans aren't known for their economical mileage. Just another reason for someone to drive around me and give me the one-finger wave. I smile and wave back, too--but I use all of my fingers.