Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How We Know That We Aren't Eating Enough Fast Food

During the spring soccer season that just ended (hip hip hooray!), I developed a system for dinner that did not necessitate us eating out every night. I was so good at it, as a matter of fact, that we realized how different our lives were when we didn't visit the drive-thru often.

~We've run out of napkins in our car.

~The kids have french fry withdrawal.

~I'm asked if I'm making Chalupas for dinner.

~We don't find straws on the floor of our van anymore.

~No more ketchup stains on my clothes.

~I can't find one chicken nugget in the van to reuse when the baby is hungry.

~I find myself daydreaming about that old "Burger King" commercial:

"Hold the pickles,
hold the lettuce.
Special orders
Don't upset us.
All we ask is
that you let us
serve it your way."

~The idea of going to McDonald's actually sounds appealing.

~The kids ask for their ice water in a plastic cup with a lid.

~We've run out of the extra little hot sauce packets that we store in the refrigerator.

~My baby's first words won't be "Would you like something to drink with that?"

~"Soft serve" now describes my tennis swing.

~I've forgotten the name of the freckled redheaded girl on the sign of the restaurant.

~My kids think that Panda Express is a train to the San Diego Zoo.